- This activity will help earn the Geologist Belt Loop and Activity Pin but may not satisfy all the requirements.
- Due the popularity of this event we need to limit the number of people in the Fossil Pit at any one time to about 100 scouts at each of the two sessions. Packs need to car pool as much as possible. Each Cub must be accompanied by an adult.
- No hammers or chisels are allowed due to safety issues. All you really need out there is a flat head screw driver to pry the rocks apart.
- Cubs and Parents will be asked to participate in helping clean up the Trash along the Swatara Creek State Park Roads please bring a trash bag with you. Your help in cleaning up the park helps allow us to use the park for this event and keep it free of charge.
- CUBS MUST PREREGISTER FOR THE EVENT BY THE SESSION THEY ARE COMING TO. We must limit the number of people at the site.
- First Session: 10 am-12pm Clean Up Parking Area for Rail Trail (AS OF TUESDAY, 09.21.10 THIS SESSION IS NOW CLOSED - if you haven't pre-registered they will not allow any more attendees)
- Second Session 1:00 pm to 3 pm Clean Up along road and Creek Access Areas (AS OF MONDAY, 09.20.10 THIS SESSION IS NOW CLOSED - if you haven't pre-registered they will not allow any more attendees)
- Blue Mountain and Union Canal Packs can preregister at their September Roundtables using the attached form or you need to send the form in as directed below.
- Cubs and parents will not be able to attend the event unless they are preregistered due to safety and insurance concerns. Please do not just come out to the event if you have not pre-registered
- You will only be contacted if there is a problem with the number of people coming to the session you requested. We will take groups in the order we receive them to fill up the slots available. You must include contact information with your forms.
Questions can be emailed to Mike Stefanic at email@example.com
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST PRE-REGISTER (Click HERE for form)
To register you can:
1. Turn in the Registration Form at September Roundtables in Union Canal and Blue Mt. District
2. Send the Form into the New Birth Of Freedom Council office by September 17th.
3. E-mail an electronic Copy to SBIKEB@AOL.COM by September 17th