Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Are you ready to play some Dodge Ball/Kick Ball? Our next pack meeting is Thursday, November 21st from 5:30pm to 7pm at Grenada Gym. Please be prompt or a bit early as we have the gym from 5:30-7:00 ONLY. If you have rubber playground balls (kick balls/dodge balls), please put your name on it and bring it along. The gym requires you to have soft soled shoes (sneakers) and water is the ONLY drink allowed in the gym. Questions? Please contact Cubmaster Travis Zimmerman at 717-443-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Come out and enjoy a night full of fun with Pack 65. Join CoCo the Bear, and the Hershey Bears Hockey Team as they take on the Syracuse Crunch on Friday, March 28th.
The game starts at 7:00 PM. This event is for the entire family, so invite anyone you like: Grandpa's, cousins, neighbors, or friends. Please look for an email so we can gather counts on how many will be attending and the preferred seating in either the 100 or 200 level.
13.00 per person for 200 Level. (Game Only)
18.50 per person for 100 Level. (Game (Only)
42.00 per person for the 200 Level. (Game and Sleepover)
47.50 per person for the 100 Level. (Game and Sleepover)
Then, after the game is over, the real fun begins. Hershey's 9th Annual Cub Scout / Boy Scout Sleepover!!!
Once the Hockey game is over and the crowd starts to leave, the Extra Activities begin. There will be a chance for ice skating on the floor of the Giant Center. There will be skates available to rent, or you may bring your own. Later, we will be treated to a presentation from Hershey Park's Zoo America. After that, they will dim the lights and show a movie on the "Giant Screen."
There will lots of other Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts there to mingle with, share stories, and share adventures. We will be sleeping in our sleeping bags overnight in the Giant Center concourse. On Sunday morning we can enjoy a hot breakfast before departing.
The Sleepover Tickets Include:
- Hockey Game admission ticket;
- a Giant Center meal voucher;
- a Hershey Bears Scout Patch;
- a parking pass ( 1 per 4 people);
- all of the evening entertainment;
- and breakfast!
The Sleepover Event has a limited number they can allow overnight and usually sells out. Our order must be paid in full to be considered complete and space guaranteed. We need to get the ball rolling on this fairly quickly. The deadline for the Sleepover registration and payment will be Friday, January 31st. We'll be taking the numbers to the Giant Center Box Office Monday Jan 13th. Send checks payable to "Pack 65" to Richard Rager at 555 Randall Circle, Hummelstown, PA 17036. Remember that funds from the popcorn credits may be used. Any comments or question please contact Rick Rager, Wolf Den co-leader, at 717-303-8228 (cell). See you there!
Monday, October 14, 2013
Come out and join the Pack for the Annual Derry Township Halloween Parade. The Parade will be held on Tuesday, October 22nd and will begin at 7pm. We will meet in the staging area, The Hershey Company employee parking lot on Caracas Avenue. Please show up by 5:45pm for Pizza and Hot Cocoa prior to the parade.
Wear your Halloween Costume or your Cub Scout Uniform. Bring a flashlight as it helps locate the candy if you drop your bag. The Hershey Company provides the candy for each group to throw (toss) to the parade attendees.
Route: Down Caracas - past fire station, Right turn onto Valley (at bank), Right turn onto Chocolate Ave - thru square - and finally a Right onto Ceylon Ave to re-enter the parking lot.
Scouts - please find your Den leader when you arrive so they can get an accurate scout count.
Parents - parade lasts for about an hour. Since it takes a while to flow out of the parking lot at the start of the parade, you can expect us to be back to the parking lot around 8:15 - 8:30. MAKE SURE you check-in with your DEN LEADER before taking your child home! Safety first!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Pack 65, there are still open spaces available for the 3 Show and Sell dates. The dates are as follows: Saturday Sept. 21st at K-Mart, Saturday Sept. 28th at Sam's Club, and Saturday Oct. 5th at K-Mart, Times are from 9am to 10:30am and 10:30am to Noon. If you would like to sign up please contact your Den Leader.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Batten down the hatches and join the Pack 65 Annual Family Campout
April 13-14, 2013 at Camp Catherine in Hershey
· The theme this year will be Pirates! Don’t miss this fun Scouting event with hiking, games and a treasure hunt. Program will end with an evening campfire and Pack Meeting.
· Overnight tent camping for families on Saturday night after the Pack Campfire.
· Check-in anytime after 9AM on Saturday, April 13, 2013. Families may leave after pack meeting or stay the night.
· We will provide Saturday’s Dinner and a cold Breakfast on Sunday morning.
· Saturday’s lunch is on your own.
· Fee is $20 per family
· REGISTRATION FORM (click LINK) with parent/guardian signature and check payable to Pack 65 is due to Josh Cysyk, 883 Tallyho Drive, Hershey, PA 17033 no later than Monday, April 1.
· Bring Class B uniform, a tent, and camping chairs.
· DIRECTIONS (click LINK) to Camp Catherine
· Any questions, please call Josh Cysyk 717-412-8188 (email@example.com).
· Day campers and overnighters must send in registration form. If you plan on only coming to the pack meeting no registration is required, but please call or send an email so we can keep a headcount.